Monday, July 7, 2014

dear summer, you're a hot bitch

Well it's 100% summer time and it's hot as shit. I haven't posted in quite some time, due in equal parts to being very busy at work, being very lazy at home and being very temperature hot everywhere in between. Living in Arizona is really and truly awful this time of year because you are literally being cooked alive every time you go outdoors. However, over the weekend it's been sort of stormy which reminded me how much I love monsoon season in this god forsaken desert. I decided to post this outfit (despite my lack luster bun :/) for two reasons; first, the skirt and second, the shoes. This was at the end of my day so please keep that in consideration when viewing the photos, I had basically half melted by then. I have had this skirt for about two months now but have only worn it twice, mostly because it is hella see-through. However, I recently purchased a nude half slip and that seems to have done the trick. I love this skirt though, the color is perfect and the length is also fantastic. Asos is sold out of the plus size version but they have a few smaller sizes left which can be seen in the link. I paired it with a basic white tee that I got from the forevs awhile ago, I wanted to keep it simple since a full pink skirt is already begging to be noticed. I had gotten the shoes from Lane Bryant online, they are a hot deal at $29 right now and ship to store is free. I really love the shoes and they are super comfortable, the zipper on the back of the right one did rub my ankle a bit but was more of a minor irritation than a deal breaker. I've also worn this skirt on the weekend with a cropped floral tank top and flats, so cuuuuute. I've been into really girly stuff lately, back on that floral kick (just kidding, I was never off that kick).



t-shirt: forever21+ (similar), skirt: asos curve (similar), shoes: lane bryant

Thanks for checking out my triumphant(?) return!

-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment