Sunday, June 8, 2014

The constant bracing shock of now

I am a woman who once lived a life perched on the shoulders of self doubt. I embodied duality. Two versions of myself that roiled against each other creating one murky questionable being. Somewhere along the way I lost the valiant version of myself and it was just addiction and a cover up operation.

Then I slapped my goddamn self back into reality. Along the way, I realized that this savage rendering of myself wasn't actually who I am. I had just removed all the guts and personality to fight for something I didn't really want and couldn't fucking see through.

I had to scrape the bones of who I was and rebuild that shit from scratch. But I had another epiphany, you should be fucking shameless with the love you have for yourself.  You're a fucking diamond. Sometimes you just have to excavate that shit.

Here's some ladies who have suffered complete deracination and are more inspiring for it. 

Billie Holiday
















Elizabeth Taylor
















Stevie Nicks
















Tina Turner

















Here's my give no fucks outfit this weekend. Watermelon bikini top by River Island and inspired by Beyonce lyrics. Find it here: watahhhmellooonnnnn











1 comment:

  1. After the fire swept clean the Earth - the lonesome pines crushed like wrapping paper beneath the bloody moon - they stood up and started building Rome.

    ReplyDelete