Monday, May 12, 2014

Fire



My dad used to sing the Pointer Sisters- Fire to my mom with such adoration it almost felt too intimate to watch. The fashion icons for today, are my parents.


The late, great Judy Marie
















The maniac, Terry, with special guest Lily




















Your parents shape you in so many ways, but there is this weird thing that happens when you're older and you can finally relate to them as people. It's one of the things that I wish I was able to do with my mama. I have second hand knowledge of the woman she was, her likes and dislikes, things she had done, but I will never know her. The gratitude that I have for the relationship I cherish with my pops runs deep. He's my hero. They weren't perfect people, in fact, they were an on paper nightmare for awhile. But I am blessed with the independence, confidence, goddamn gumption because of these fools. There is no one in the world I think is more righteous than these two.


Here's an outfit inspired by the getups of my 'rents.




























































And here's the song that still makes me feel everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment